Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I'm lost without LOST

JENNIFER: In case you were wondering what I'm doing when I'm not riding my bike, at least once a week I am watching LOST with my friend Melissa.

Here's how it started: Sometime a while back, I watched the last five minutes of some random episode. Then in May, I watched the season 3 finale and was instantly hooked.

Melissa has seen a few episodes here and there too, so we decided to embark upon the LOST adventure together.

She orders the LOST DVDs from Netflix, and once a week we get together and watch an entire DVD-worth of LOST episodes. That's four, 42-minute episodes each time. That's a lot of TV.
But it's SO good!

So, last month we watched the last four episodes of season 1, and boy, did it not disappoint.

Wow, that final episode, what a cliffhanger - made even more suspenseful by the fact that we've both been traveling the last four weeks so we can't get back together to begin watching season 2 until next week.

In an effort to capture my enthusiasm about the show...but also in the spirit of not spoiling the surprises for anyone out there who hasn't watched LOST before but might watch in the future...

I can't believe that ____ kidnapped ____ off the ____! I can't believe that ____ tried to steal ____'s ____! I wonder what's in the ____! And although this was a few episodes back, I'm still in shock...I can't believe ____ wasn't on the ____!

No spoilers, please. Melissa and I want to be surprised. We can't wait for season 2 - just a week away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know ho wyou feel Jen,

We started watching Season 1 right as the 'first run' of Season 2 was ending (May 2006) we watched all of it from Netflix (with a July break to watch the Tour de France) then jumped into Season 2 on DVD shortly after it was released.

I was hooked the first five minutes into the "Pilot" / first show. I said, "I don't know where this is going, but I'm along for the ride until it finishes."

It the best TV show since the Classic "Twilight Zone" in my opinion.

We watched all of Season 3 as it unfolded in prime time last season. I listen to the weekly "Podcast" during TV season, and am bummed we have to wait until Feb 2008 for Season Four to start.

I am a "LOST" junkie, and even think I found a reference to the show in the "Disney's California Adventure" last fall. You never know, with those Disney Imagineer's.

Season Two gets even better than Season One, enjoy!!!!