Thursday, October 4, 2007

I think I've been in denial...

JENNIFER: It's not like I can really ignore the fact that the LIVESTRONG Challenge is almost here. I mean, I do work at the LAF.

The Challenge team sits right next to Marketing, and I've seen them working their tails off to plan the Challenge events in Philly and Portland. We get updates in monthly staff meetings and I get all the emails from the Challenge team with fundraising updates and other important information.

So the fact that the LIVESTRONG Challenge Austin will be here in 10 days is not a surprise. But am I ready for it? Welllllll...

To our credit, Lauren and I have been riding together. Two weekends ago we rode for almost two hours, the weekend before we rode for three hours, the weekend before that we rode for two...but still, we both know we're not in as good of shape for this ride as we were for last year's ride.

I'm not prepared. The more I think about it, the more nervous I get. What have I gotten myself into?

2 comments:

LuckyLab said...

You'll be fine. Just pace yourself and eat and drink along the way. The Portland Challenge was awesome, despite the nasty, nasty weather. One of the best events I've done in a long time. My family and I had a great time and the Embassy towels were absolute brilliance. Pass along kudos to all the folks next door to you.

Brian Dowd said...

Yes, it will be hard at times, but you will do great. Keep a positive outlook and enjoy the day!

I look forward to hearing about your great experience.

Best Regards,

Brian Dowd