Tuesday, May 1, 2007

15 DAYS UNTIL LIVESTRONG DAY!!


LAUREN: It's confession time again. Last week wasn't good for me on the training front. In fact, I didn't get to ride my bike once (sigh!) or didn't keep to working late only two nights a week. Well, did you read the headline? That's why!

These days, I am all about LIVESTRONG Day. I have been working on this project since last September and now we are in the home stretch. And let me let you in on a little secret, IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME! We have some exciting things planned in both Washington, D.C., and in cities across the country. My question for you is...what do you plan to do on LIVESTRONG Day?

In Washington, D.C., the LAF will lead 200 advocates to Capitol Hill to demand that our nation's leaders invest in resources, treatment and services for people affected by cancer. To complement those efforts, approximately 200 LIVESTRONG Day events will be held across the country to engage communities with experiences that increase awareness and show support for cancer survivors and their loved ones. To find a local event near you, use the LIVESTRONG Day local event search tool. You can also see a complete listing of local events here.

If you don't see an event in your area, it's not too late to organize one. The deadline to register a local event is THIS Friday, May 4 at 5:00 p.m. CDT. Your event can be as simple as wearing YELLOW to work, handing out LIVESTRONG wristbands and sharing resources to help people affected by cancer. (My husband plans to do that activity at his workplace and just registered his event last night.)

I'll be heading to D.C. with the 200 advocates, but tell me what you plan to do in the comments section below. I can't wait to hear from you.

No comments: