Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Words of Encouragement Needed

LAUREN: The following blurb was featured in the April issue of the Advocacy Newsletter.

Anchorage, Alaska: Sean Swarner, the first cancer survivor to summit Mount Everest in 2002, hopes to summit Mount McKinley - the seventh and final mountain of his historic quest- on LIVESTRONG Day. May 16th is not only special to Sean because it is LIVESTRONG Day, but because it is the exact five year anniversary of his summit of Mount Everest. Mount McKinley, the highest peak in North America, marks the final stage of his quest to become the first two-time cancer survivor to mount the highest peak on each of the seven continents to raise awareness and give hope to people everywhere whose lives have been affected by cancer.
He's climbing now and I receive daily updates about his progress. He's at Camp 3 and he's facing some weather issues. If you can, please send him some words of encouragement. I am sure he would love to hear from you.
Click on "Send a Satellite Message"
Type 881631012858 in the "To" Box
Enter your message and hit send
P.S.: LIVESTRONG Day is almost here, LIVESTRONG Day is almost here...I can't wait. I hope you are as excited as I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope the iridium system is up and running all the way to his receiver, because I know he got at least one message today.

Thanks for posting his contact information Lauren. I promise to stop messing up your e-mail address when I send massages (honest!).

Congratulations on all the hard work on LiveStrong Day. It will be great.

Now if I could just get the Governor or Lt. Governor in my home state to respond to my requests.....

stales said...

I sent him a message! go sean, go!

stales said...

I sent him a message! Go sean, go! happy livestrong day everyone..