Thursday, May 3, 2007

And another week goes by...

JENNIFER: For anyone who is keeping count, I still have nine weeks to go before I prove to Matt that cycling is a true hobby for me and I am in real need of a brand new bike.

It's not going so well.

This is the second week in a row that I haven't even looked at my bike, much less checked the tires, clicked in my cycling shoes and gone for a ride.

I blame it on a strong work ethic and pursuit of perfectionism in my job. Does that get me off the hook? Work is unbelievably busy. While Lauren is crazed with LIVESTRONG Day planning, I am swamped with my own big website project.

Our desks are so close to each other that I could sit up super-straight in my chair and have a perfect view of Lauren all day long, if I wanted. And yet, this week we've barely had a chance to say more than two words to one another -- just a quick chat or a hurried wave and smile as she rushes past my desk. Very unlike us.

L, LIVESTRONG Day is going to be SO great, I just know it. Your hard work and late hours will totally pay off.

Also, a big XOXO to my LAF friends who I won't be seeing around the office.

Tomorrow is Friday! Then the weekend comes, and Matt and I have a fun Cinco de Mayo planned...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself Jen. LiveSTRONG Day and the projects you are doing for the LAF Web Site have a huge positive impact for all of us involved from a distance. Don't overdue the whole extra work hours, but the additional effort you all a putting in right now is time more than well spent.

The summer awaits us all and spring is not yet even half over. Many opportunities for quality riding time still lays ahead of us all.

You will get more than your share of miles in on the bike, I know it.

Drag Lauren out of the office early (like at normal quittin' time) one day a week and go riding together.

Just a suggestion.

SportyOne13 said...

Can i carry on the PITA legacy?

~ bianca ~* said...

You are a rock star, get some sun this weekend!

Unknown said...

I see....I do a little business travel and there is no one around to make sure you two are leaving the office at a reasonable hour. tsk tsk.

Thinking of you both and hoping you got in some riding over the weekened!

Amanda said...

What are you guys doing for LIVESTRONG Day...in Austin right? I'm planning on a candle vigil at the Alamo in San Antonio. We'll be driving through Austin in the evening, so if there are any events going on, let me know!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the love! Guess what I had for dinner? A PITA! :)

jimandkimwatts said...

I so understand where you are coming from. I'm also training for a cycling event close to my heart, the Ride of Love, which is a 150 mile bike ride that raises money for an organization in my state, Camp Smile A Mile. They have various activities throughout the year for children with cancer. Since my son's diagnosis 4 years ago at the young age of 2, he has been blessed to be a part of this wonderful organization, and riding in the ride is my way to give back to him and all the other children he has become friends with. I've struggled to find time to properly train and it's bothered me a lot lately, but I know what I'm doing is for a great cause and will be well worth it. Keep up the great work! Jim Watts http://www.taylorwatts.org