Thursday, July 12, 2007

Changing Gears...

LAUREN: When we started this blog a few months ago, Jen and I were very open about working for the Foundation along with training for a 70-mile ride together. While we still plan to ride the 70-mile course for the LIVESTRONG Challenge in Austin in October, I wanted to share some news with you.

Tomorrow, Friday, July 13, is my last day at the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF). While I am sad to leave my full-time position with the LAF, I will continue to be involved with the organization as a volunteer and as a fundraiser for the LIVESTRONG Challenge. (Just like all of you!)

I will remain in Austin and will be joining National Instruments on a full-time basis. I will still continue to blog about my training, but you will notice that some of the work chatter will be a little different from what you have read in the past.

Thank you for all of your support along the way. I am very excited about the future, and am looking forward to serving the LAF in a new way.

LIVESTRONG!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.... sniff .....

I hate to see you leaving the LAF, but I can completely understand the need for a change.

Just don't think you can get rid of me that easy.

Good luck with the new adventure Lauren, they are getting an incredible new employee.

Kathy said...

Lauren good luck with your new job. I look forward to seeing you on the roads in Austin... oaky so the 40 miles at least... I am feeling pretty good and I have finally gotten back to training myself. Never realized how many hills there were in NH!!!!

Good luck Kathy ( NH)
kesnh@yahoo.com