Monday, March 26, 2007

March Madness

LAUREN: I meant to do a little riding this past weekend, but it didn’t happen for a variety of reasons. Aside from a “little” home issue, I couldn’t seem to pull myself away from the men’s NCAA basketball tournament. I am a victim of March Madness and I love every minute of it! I have my own bracket and have been cheering on “my picks.” Right now, I am in fifth place out of 19 people. I am not sure I can pull off a victory now, but we’ll see. (Go Florida!)

On a cycling-related note, there is a big bike sale going on this weekend at Bicycle Sport Shop. I have had this on the calendar for a while and can’t wait to check it out. I have been exploring all of my options – both new and used bikes. I even found a used bike on Craig’s List that has potential. My pals, Chris and Kim, are going with me to check it out tomorrow and that makes me feel better about considering a used bike. Both are experienced cyclists and can help me determine if the bike is still in good shape for riding. I’ll keep you posted. If you have any tips on buying bikes, I would be happy to hear them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Lauren and Jen! I love the blog and look forward to new entries each week. Good for you for trying something new-Way to go!
Suz

nelmag07 said...

Lauren!!! You are a rockstar. Can't wait to keep up with your training! I miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Go Lauren! I can't wait to keep up with your training! I think you should buy a Huffy from Walmart. :-)

Love you!