Friday, April 20, 2007

Happy Friday!

JENNIFER: Yesterday was the best day.

All week long I have been working late-late hours on a big project and getting home after dark so riding my bike has been impossible. Yesterday morning I decided to give myself some Jennifer-time - to come into work a bit later than usual so that I could ride in the morning.

It was such a nice morning, not too many cars on the road, and I enjoyed my 40-minute ride. And wonder of wonders...arriving at the office an hour later than usual didn't cause the LAF to completely fall apart. I felt quite good about taking the time to give myself what I needed, so that then I could jump back into my job without having to compromise much.

The end of the day was just as fulfilling as the beginning of the day. Last night was Book Club, and although I didn't finish the book (What is the What), I had a wonderful time drinking wine and spending time with friends. We shared funny stories and laughed a lot. Although Book Club is made up mostly of work friends, we didn't spend too much time talking about work - which was nice.

Whew! It's Friday. I'm looking forward to getting to spend time with my parents and my in-laws this weekend, as both sets of parents are coming to Austin. Yippee for the weekend!

No comments: