Sunday, April 8, 2007

You gotta love Texas weather

LAUREN: This past week was a bad training week for me. I rode once for 40 minutes, but that was it. I was looking forward to taking my bike to our family ranch in Shiner, Texas, to log some riding time on the country roads in between our usual family activities of playing softball, chasing each other with confetti eggs and fishing. However, the weather had a mind of its own. After we had a nice week of Spring-like weather, the temperatures plummeted into the low 40s and it rained all weekend. Needless to say, the bike stayed in my garage in Austin and I stayed inside watching movies and playing board games with my family in Shiner. We had a lot of fun and I enjoyed beating my brother at the 90s edition of Trivial Pursuit. :-) (I was able to beat my brother on a question relating to Baywatch. Yes, Baywatch! Go figure.)

I am looking forward to a better week of weather. The forecasters think the weather will be warm again at the end of the week and throughout the weekend. I hope they are right.

P.S.: I won second place in the NCAA tournament bracket, right behind Jennifer’s dad. LOL!

3 comments:

scubadoo33 said...

Sounds just like what we had up here in Southern NJ. We had 60s and 70s in the past couple of weeks and this past week was low 40s and even some 30s. I, too, got a new bike and was only able to log 5 miles on it this past weekend. The temp was about 40 and the wind was CRAZY.
I can't wait to get out!!!!!

Anonymous said...

At least you were smart enough to stay indoors during the bad weather. I thought I could go outside and avoid trouble. Alas, such was not the case.

Spring shall return. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

It sounds like you made the best of bad weather with quality family time.

Anonymous said...

Texas Rocks!