Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm back!

JENNIFER: The first ride back is the hardest, right? The same with running, when I used to run with my friend Angela in Dallas. The same with yoga, when I was really into Ashtanga yoga a couple of years ago. Today, it probably didn't help that I think my tires were a little low. It certainly wasn't my best ride, but the weather was beautiful and perfect. I rode my bike around the neighborhood and enjoyed being outside.

First thing this morning, I had breakfast with some of the LIVESTRONG Challenge mentors at Las Manitas (my first time there - yum!) and laughed my tail off for two hours. They were in town for the weekend, and yesterday I had the pleasure of making a presentation to them about the LAF's programmatic initiatives, specifically our grants programs.

Next ride scheduled for Tuesday after work. Hopefully Lauren and her new bike will join me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember Jen, "it's not where you are, it's where you are headed". I hate cliches, but sometimes they really are appropriate. You got out there, you put some miles in, and now you have a streak going again. I'm sure the "Las Manitas" yummy breakfast helped power you through the ride, even hours after the meal.

I agree that you should get Lauren to join you on her "new set of wheels". It is usually more fun to ride with a friend.

sadie said...

Hi Jennifer! How great to read all about your training and preparation for your next big ride. I am so proud of you! What a terrific daughter-in-law I have! Loved the picture of your table for the Passover dinner, and the meal sounded delicious! Keep up the good work! Hugs!